Metar interpretation problems

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Hi and thanks for this very interesting project about metar decoding.

I think i've found a little bug during the metar decoding:

for example if you have this "METAR LFBZ 181400Z 09002KT 9999 VV360 15/07 Q1019 NOSIG"

the vertical visibility heigth (VV360) not appear on the report when i click on "print long info". I checked the code and i think the problem is when you call "_decode" function in cloudInfowithNCDdecoder when you use ci.CopypropertiesTo(ret) the properties isVerticalVisibility and vvDistance are not copied in ret .

I dont understand why.

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:32 AM

hey i've found the issue.

the reason is when you call ci.CopypropertiesTo(ret) the target's cloudinfos properties don't have any public setters so all of the properties have Canwrite = false;

when you call GetSharedproperties in CopypropertiesTo the returned list is empty because the condition (fS.Name == fT.Name && fS.CanRead && fT.CanWrite) is never satisfied.

I understand the initial idea to use only custom function to set cloud infos propertys (set all the others flags off before  set one to true) but the setters are necessary in this case.

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I agree, you are right. I fixed it in the code by explicit copy of those properties.
Will be in next release.

Thank you.